At their Unpacked 2014 Episode 2 event which is being held in Berlin, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 has been official announced. The Galaxy Note 4 features a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels. The Galaxy Note 4 looks good, thanks to a metal frame and a faux-leather back. The device is equipped with an octa-core Exynos processor, 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. It comes pre-loaded with Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.
There’s a 16MP primary camera with autofocus, optical image stabilisation, an LED flash and an ability to record 4K videos. There’s also a 3.7MP front-facing camera which can record videos 2K videos. Apart from the usual sensors that are found in smartphones, Samsung has put in all kinds of new sensors such as geo-magnetic, UV sensor and a heart rate sensor.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Specifications
- 5.7-inch Super AMOLED screen, QHD (2560 x 1440 pixels) resolution, S Pen
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat, TouchWiz UI, S Pen
- 1.9GHz octa-core Exynos processor, 3GB of RAM
- 32GB of internal storage, microSD card slot
- 16MP primary camera with autofocus, LED flash, 4K video recording
- 3.7PM front-facing secondary camera, 2K video recording
- 4G LTE (country-dependant), 3G (42Mbps HSDPA), dual-band Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Miracast, DLNA
- A-GPS with GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth v 4.1 (BLE, ANT+), IR LED, USB v2.0 port with MHL 3.0
- Gesture, Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Gyroscope, RGB, Proximity, Barometer, Hall Sensor, Finger Scanner, UV, Heart Rate Sensor
- S Pen Features: Air Command (Action Memo, Smart Select, Image Clip, Screen Write), S Note, Snap Note, Direct Pen Input
- 3220 mAh battery, 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5mm, 176g
The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 might be available in India by October but its price hasn’t been announced.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.