As we reported earlier, Samsung has launched the Galaxy Alpha in India for Rs 39,990. The Samsung Galaxy Alpha will be available in the market starting first week of October .
The Galaxy Alpha is not only Samsung’s first metal-bodied Galaxy device but also its slimmest smartphone till date. It features a 4.7-inch HD Super AMOLED display, an octa-core Exynos 5430 processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB internal storage, 12MP primary camera, runs Android 4.4 KitKat and comes with other notable features such as power-saving mode, download booster, quick connect among others. The device also features a finger-print scanner and a heart-rate monitor. The Galaxy Alpha is equipped with rather inadequate battery capacity of 1,860 mAh.
Samsung Galaxy Alpha Specifications:
- 4.7-inch Super AMOLED display, 720 x 1280 pixels, 312 ppi,
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Samsung TouchWiz UI, Download Booster, Private Mode
- octa-core Samsung Exynos 5430 processor (1.8GHz quad-core Cortex A15 + 1.3GHz quad-core Cortex A7), Mali-T628 MP6 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 32GB Internal storage (no microSD card slot)
- 12MP rear camera with 4K video recording and a 2.1MP front-facing camera
- 4G LTE Cat.6 (300/50Mbps on 1800MHz), 42Mbps HSPA+
- dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC and microUSB v2.o port
- Finger-Print Scanner, Heart-Rate Monitor, proximity sensor, gyro sensor, ambient light sensor, GLONASS A-GPS
- 1,860 mAh removable battery, 6.7mm thin and weighs 115gram
- Supports connectivity with Samsung Gear Fit, Gear Live and Gear 2 wearables
The device will be available at offline retail outlets and Samsung has promised that the device will be made available online as well as opposed to some non-official reports that have been doing rounds on the Internet. Samsung has also partnered with Airtel to offer 5GB 4G data for free for the first two months.
Apurva is a tech enthusiast who loves her gadgets and talks about digital media usage. She is currently developing news.thedigest.co and works for an IT company.