Asus has unveiled a new tablet in India, named the Fonepad 8 (FE380CG). The tablet comes for a price of Rs 13,999 and will be exclusively available on Asus stores and Flipkart as well.
The Fonepad 8 was initially announced with the Fonepad 7 tablet, at the Computex event, which was held in June last year. The Fonepad 8 tablet supports voice calling and 3G through a SIM card. In terms of specifications, the Fonepad 8 features an 8-inch HD (1280×800 pixels) IPS display with anti-fingerprint coating. Interestingly, for the Fonepad 8, Asus has narrowed bezels to 5.06mm to attain 72.2 percent screen-to-body ratio. The device is powered by a 1.33GHz Intel Atom Z3530 quad-core processor and PowerVR G6430 GPU coupled with a 2GB of RAM.
The tablet has 16GB internal storage, which can be further expanded up to 64GB via microSD card. It sports a 5-megapixel rear camera with 1080p video recording along with a 2-megapixel front-facing camera. The device is backed a 4,000mAh battery.
The Fonepad 8 boasts Dual SIM card slots, 3G support, voice calling, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. In terms of software, it runs on Android 4.4 KitKat with Zen UI on top of it.
Given the price, the Fonepad 8 will be rivalling against the tablets such as Lenovo A8 and the Micromax Canvas P660.
Commenting on the launch, Peter Chang, Regional Head, South Asia & Country Manager, System Business Group, ASUS India, said,”Redefining the user experience of calling tablets category, we are elated to bring our 8 inch Fonepad 8 to the country. The device features next generation interface ‘ASUS ZenUI’ improves on your smart device experience, giving you a brand new user interface that features over 1000 upgrades and enhancements over the standard Android operating system. Our Fonepad series have constantly introduced widely accepted innovation and all the necessary functionality; which has been loved by all our users. This encourages us to go beyond the regular and deliver incredible.”he said.
Fonepad 8 specifications:
- 8-inch (1280 x 800) HD IPS display with 10 finger multi-touch and Anti-fingerprint coating
- 1.33 GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3560 processor with PowerVR G6430 GPU
- 2GB RAM and 16GB internal storage, which is further expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 4.4 (Kitkat) with Zen UI and Dual SIM with dual standby
- 5MP rear camera with 1080p Full HD video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera with 720p Video Recording
- 8.9mm thick and weighs 328 grams
- 3G HSPA+( with voice calling), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4000mAh battery