The Xiaomi Mi Pad is easily one of the most value for money tablets on sale today and the device got sold out in a couple of hours the first time it went on sale on the 24th March. It was available without registration and it looks like that Xiaomi will be following a similar model henceforth for the device.
The Mi Pad will again go on sale today at 12 noon on Flipkart through an open flash sale. There is no word on the number of units that will be available for sale. The tablet comes only in the 16GB guise for us and in white colour option only. The tablet comes in Wi-Fi guise only and the iPad Mini rival is better than any other sub Rs 20,000 tablet. It runs on a 6,700 mAh battery which as per Xiaomi will last for up to 11 hours of music playback, 8 of video playback and 1,300 hours of standby.
Let us do a quick recap of its specifications:
- 9-inch display with a resolution of 2048×1536 pixels (326ppi), Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection on top of it
- 2GHz Nvidia Tegra K1 processor with 192-core Kepler GPU
- 2GB RAM
- Android 4.4 KitKat based MIUI 6
- 16GB internal storage which is expandable by 128GB with the aid of a microSD card
- 8-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front camera
- 6,700 mAh battery
- Rs 12,999
The tablet beats all its competitors in the segment hands down. So if you were planning on buying the tablet, we suggest you head to flipkart as soon as possible as it is expected to go out of stock pretty soon.