Vodafone India has started distributing 4G-ready SIMs in Mumbai. The customers can upgrade to 4G SIMs at their convenience at 56 Vodafone stores across Mumbai.
“Vodafone is the leading telecommunication services provider in Mumbai and our 8.6 million customers have a lot to look forward to. We want our customers to be 4G-ready so that they can start experiencing the benefits of high speed mobile internet services as soon as they are launched commercially. Hence, this facility to upgrade to 4G-ready SIMs in advance. We are excited and fully geared up to launch our 4G services on the superior 1800 MHz band in Mumbai very soon,” said Ishmeet Singh, Business Head–Mumbai, Vodafone India.
The company claims that it has successfully tested its 4G services on its network architecture and has provided strong back up to support the speed requirements of its customers. To avail 4G services, customers will need to have a 4G SIM and 4G-enabled handset.
The SIM exchange process is hassle free and can be done as below:
- Walk in to any nearby Vodafone Store and place your request for 4G-Ready SIM
- After proper identification process & 4G enabled handset compatibility check, you will receive the new 4G-SIM card.
- To activate the card, use your existing Vodafone number to SMS ‘SIMEX <your 19-20 digit new 4G SIM card number>’ to 55199 (this number will be available on the new SIM card/jacket given to you)
- You will receive a response SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered
- Please send the last 6 digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the SMS mentioned in the above step
- You will receive a success SMS, post which your 4G-Ready SIM will be activated within 5-10 minutes.
- Subsequently, replace your old SIM in the handset with the new 4G-Ready SIM and continue to enjoy un-interrupted Vodafone services.
- You will enjoy benefits of high speed 4G services as soon as they are launched commercially.
For any issues with SIM exchange process, customers can call 199 or seek assistance from the staff at the store. Soon, home delivery of 4G SIM service will also be available.