Reliance Communications, country’s one of the largest telecommunications company has shared some updates on their network status in the flood hit Jammu & Kashmir. In a statement RCom announced this crucial update which includes offering free first 2 minutes of call from PCOs.
Update from Reliance Communications :
- RCOM BTS’ in many critically-hit areas are now up and running in Jammu & Kashmir, including four towers in the worst-hit South Kashmir area.
- RCOM’s network and technology teams are working closely with state authorities and paramilitary forces to restore many more sites at the soonest.
- Through its roaming arrangements with other operators, RCOM subscribers are now able to access services via more than 100 BTS.
- RCOM’s wireless network is up and running at all relief camp sites in the Srinagar area
- Due to this, DoT has requested that since RCOM has coverage in relief camp areas, Rcom should provide free calling facility via PCOs; keeping DoT’s request in mind, RCOM has decided to extend this facility at once, with the first 2 minutes of each PCO call being free.