Reliance communications has announced the financial results for quarter ended June 2015, reports India operations telecom revenue at 177 crore which is up by 34% year on year compared to the first quarter of the previous financial year. Reliance reported a total revenue of 5,541 crore up by 0.3% year on year.
The EBITDA was reported at 1,875 crore which is up by 0.7% year on year. Total data traffic was reported as 92.8 Billion MB which is up by 68% year on year. Reliance has registered the highest data usage per subscriber in the industry at 895 MB which is up by 34% year on year.
Reliance has 35.4 Million data subscribers of which 17.9 Million are 3G subscribers. The current average revenue per user stands at Rs. 140 which is 2.9% higher year on year while the average revenue per minute was reported as 44.5p which is up by 1.6% year on year.
Key developments of RCOM in the current calendar year:
- Launch of Freepaid- Unlimited Local, STD and Roaming
- RCom launched Next Gen Content & Cloud Delivery Network in Five Cities across India
- Launch of Wi-Pod Mini – Portable Wi-Fi device offering 14.7 Mbps speeds
- MyStore *129#: Customer and Retailer
- Launch of e shop seller Module for all channel partners
Esmail is our very own in-house spectrum specialist. He is passionate about Telecom, DTH and OTT video streaming apps. When not writing an article, you can find him binge watching shows on Netflix while sipping on a cup of coffee.