Orange Belgium Completes Acquisition of 74 Percent Controlling Stake in VOO SA

Orange strengthens its position in the Belgian telco market through VOO SA acquisition. Orange's acquisition of VOO SA marks a significant milestone in Belgian telecommunications industry.


  • Orange Belgium finalizes the acquisition of a controlling stake in VOO SA, a leading telco operator in Belgium.
  • The deal grants Orange Belgium a 75 percent stake minus one share, with Nethys retaining the remaining 25 percent plus one share.
  • The transaction values VOO at an enterprise value of Euros 1.8 billion, with financing facilitated through an intra-Group loan.

Follow Us


Orange Belgium has announced the successful completion of its acquisition of a controlling stake in VOO SA, a telecommunications provider in Belgium. With this deal, Orange Belgium now holds a 75 percent stake minus one share in VOO SA, while Nethys retains the remaining 25 percent plus one share. The acquisition solidifies Orange's position in the Belgian telco market and sets the stage for future growth and innovation.

Also Read: VOO Announces Expansion of Gigabit Connectivity to Namur

Commercial Wholesale Agreements with Telenet

The acquisition follows the signing of two commercial fixed wholesale agreements between Orange Belgium and Telenet in January 2023. These agreements, subject to the completion of the VOO SA acquisition, enable both companies to access each other's fixed networks for a period of 15 years. This collaboration will encompass existing Hybrid Fiber Coaxial technology as well as future Fiber to the Home (FTTH) technologies across their respective network areas.

Also Read: Orange Belgium and Telenet Sign 15 Year Agreement for Fixed Networks

Financing the Acquisition and Convergence Strategy

Valued at Euros 1.8 billion for the entirety of its capital, the acquisition of VOO SA has been financed by Orange Belgium through an intra-Group loan. This significant transaction underscores Orange's commitment to expanding its market presence and capitalizing on the convergence of telecommunications services.

Orange Belgium said, now they have the industrial power, tech means and commercial scale to accelerate and Lead the Future of the Belgian telco market in the interest of all consumers, employees, and society in general."

Also Read: Orange Belgium Receives EC Approval for Voo Takeover

Orange's Commitment to Lead the Future

Orange Europe emphasized the importance of the VOO SA acquisition for Orange's convergence strategy in Belgium. Orange said convergence in Europe has proven to be key to its leadership in Europe and demonstrates how Orange's new strategy, Lead the Future, will continue to meet the digital needs that customers in Europe demand.

With the completion of this acquisition, Orange Belgium is well-positioned to further drive innovation, expand its network capabilities, and deliver enhanced services to customers in the Belgian telco market.

Reported By

Telecom Analyst

Passionately following the Indian #Telecom Industry for over a decade from Business, Consumer and a Technical perspective. My primary focus area is Consumer & Digital Experience.

Recent Comments

shivraj roy :

I expect Jio to roll out 5G plans by end of this year What’s Bsnl gonna do then? If a…

BSNL to Boost Connectivity in Himachal Pradesh With 625 New…

Faraz :

More than 100 million 5G users by now in India 50+ in Airtel and 50+ in Jio.. BSNL could not…

BSNL to Boost Connectivity in Himachal Pradesh With 625 New…

Ashutosh :

I agree with some your points but not fully. Just research about 200GB thing you said for that Unlimited data.…

Airtel Surpasses 50 Million Unique 5G Users; 5G Plus Now…

Faraz :

They won't install small cell just by your request. If you have problem, please port to others who are better…

Jio Adds Users in Rural India in July, Others Lose

vijaymishra :

Hi everybody. Please let me know if anyone has a few email addresses of JIO senior officials where I can…

Jio Adds Users in Rural India in July, Others Lose

Load More
Notify of
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments