- FarazJuly 28th, 2021  | 01:31:18 PM
JioPhone 37.5, Smartphone - 129. Airtel - 149 for same benefit as 129.
- Mahmood JunaidJuly 28th, 2021  | 01:27:55 PM
Very good move... Now all prepaid plans should get a hike in next 1-2 months....
- Kaushik RoyJuly 28th, 2021  | 01:23:17 PM
no sms though quite good for only calling at 79 for 28 days for smartphone user. Minimum plan for jio smartphone user is 98 for 14 days with no sms
- RAHULJuly 28th, 2021  | 01:22:10 PM
what's the min.recharge in jio....you know it
- KunalJuly 28th, 2021  | 01:04:54 PM
Jio is gaining because - Jio has far wider rural coverage as compared to Airtel & vi. Jio voice & data coverage on the move is superior then Airtel & vi , as jio has high density of sites. Secondly they are consistent coverage wise pan India. Jio does not have weak & strong circles.…
- NikhilJuly 28th, 2021  | 12:45:19 PM
No standards are followed on Indian variants. Wifi 5 for Indian variant of Nord 2 as compared to wifi 6. UFS 2.1/2.2 on Indian variants as compared to European variants.
- NikhilJuly 28th, 2021  | 12:40:19 PM
Lol. What a comparison.
- KushalJuly 28th, 2021  | 12:18:10 PM
Also I thought 4G will cost 2X-3X of 3G prices looking at specrum base price. Reality sucks and I have to bite dust every time.
- KushalJuly 28th, 2021  | 12:15:19 PM
In 2010, I thought 3.2 MP camera was enough in phones also 256MB RAM and 1GB internal memory. Today 48 MP, 8 GB RAM and 256 GB internal is reality.
- sanjeetJuly 28th, 2021  | 12:08:55 PM
not only this, but the overall wifi experience is also inferior in India varients.
- RealistJuly 28th, 2021  | 12:00:16 PM
Jio = Maruti Suzuki. Airtel = Hyundai.Obv both will play to their strengths to survive.
- RaghavJuly 28th, 2021  | 11:44:08 AM
Premium has ads only on love sports
- RaghavJuly 28th, 2021  | 11:42:52 AM
The import taxes are huge in India, on top of that there is GST of 28%. Adding more bands means needs more money/ royalty. With low profit margins, it is not possible to provide everything.
- DGuptaJuly 28th, 2021  | 11:40:16 AM
Financial condition of industry players is certainly a factor, but an even bigger worry for Indian telcos is that 5G is unlikely to produce fresh incremental revenues in the medium term. So, spending extra money on high-priced 5G spectrum does not make sense. Govt should set base price of new bands at the same level…
- Chetan-bengaluruJuly 28th, 2021  | 11:32:50 AM
I somehow believe the saturation in terms of higher mobile speeds have come at least with users ... I believe user don't need speeds beyond 100mbps on their mobile or iPad. There isn't any use case for higher download speeds on mobile but yes better latency is what is required for gaming /iot and connected…
- KRISHJuly 28th, 2021  | 11:29:36 AM
They are just recovering the money they spent to bought IPL Streaming license.
- Chetan-bengaluruJuly 28th, 2021  | 11:24:19 AM
They r changing it prospectively and not retrospectively...
- FarazJuly 28th, 2021  | 11:08:36 AM
Also they can't show adds or give more bloatware in europian market as per restrictions. Yet price is maintained.
- BhavikJuly 28th, 2021  | 10:58:45 AM
No one can beat Jio on network availability only problem of Jio is net speed which is different at different place. Network wise Jio is No 1.
- NikhilJuly 28th, 2021  | 10:23:40 AM
Hopefully they focus on One Plus 9 Pro software more and focus on releasing bug free software on One Plus 10 Pro and bring down the price of the device considerably at 700USD. 900USD-1000USD is too much for shitty One Plus.
- AnonJuly 28th, 2021  | 10:15:46 AM
Nothing ear (1) Buds Is nothing but 'Hype'. There! Fixed the title.
- AshokJuly 28th, 2021  | 10:07:12 AM
Govt. cant change old AGR due figures, which were approved by Supreme Court.
- Kaushik RoyJuly 28th, 2021  | 09:19:51 AM
if AGR burden lowered then only. Otherwise it may take 5 years to match Jio or VI in MH
- RAHULJuly 28th, 2021  | 08:02:56 AM
- Girish Gowda | BengaLuruJuly 28th, 2021  | 07:40:53 AM
Even after years they are giving better stuff to Europeans and Arabs than to Indians to phones which basically cost the same or even more sometimes. This is unacceptable.
Airtel network very very poor network and bad network
Do You Want to Know the Reasons Why Your 4G Internet Is Slow? Tips and Tricks to Improve Your 4G SpeedsJuly 28th, 2021  | 07:09:02 AM
- Kaushik Roy ChowdhuryJuly 28th, 2021  | 05:04:49 AM
It's because jio has finished the competition. How can you expect them to withstand ambani with govt support?
- sanjeetJuly 28th, 2021  | 12:21:03 AM
- DGuptaJuly 28th, 2021  | 12:16:38 AM
IPL/ cricket rights is the main reason Hotstar sells. Many people use it to watch it on TV or laptop screens, in addition to phones. For this large set, it is a hike from 399 to 899! Such a sharp hike will lose Hotstar subscribers. Instead, they can offer any 1 screen in upto HD…
- DGuptaJuly 27th, 2021  | 11:57:05 PM
Even a price of zero makes no sense. Because it immediately makes the new owners liable for current and future losses, at the rate of 20,000 - 30,000 crores per year! It makes more sense for a buyer to just buy opersting assets like fiber or base stations etc., or do a bankruptcy deal that…
- DGuptaJuly 27th, 2021  | 11:51:36 PM
This great figment of imagination is nothing but a planned bailout at taxpayers' expense. Private profits, Public losses! During the high profit years they enjoyed a high return on their small equity investment, by building the company with lots of debt. Now that they are making ?7,500 loss per quarter, why not nudge bankers and…
- Kaushik RoyJuly 27th, 2021  | 11:35:39 PM
Jio will say they do not need help as they are in profit. Then government say we can not taken step to favour one or two operator .
- BSNL USERJuly 27th, 2021  | 11:12:59 PM
Even with Airtel and Jio also and with bsnl wireline it is premium plan
- Girish Gowda | BengaLuruJuly 27th, 2021  | 11:02:36 PM
And that 499 is mobile only plan. Useless.
- AnandJuly 27th, 2021  | 10:26:58 PM
Operators should replace Disney hotstar with Netflix from their plan ott benefits... watching Netflix Rs.199/month basic plan is 100 times better than irritating Ad hotstar.
- Manpreet Singh RanaJuly 27th, 2021  | 10:01:14 PM
98rs and above
- KingstonJuly 27th, 2021  | 09:36:30 PM
Why a govt cant make a company as a profitable one? All govt officers salary also eating tax payer money. Whether govt privitise all govt offices?
- KingstonJuly 27th, 2021  | 09:28:10 PM
- KingstonJuly 27th, 2021  | 09:24:36 PM
Well said. Their intention is to close BSNL.
- NikhilJuly 27th, 2021  | 08:55:43 PM
I am considering even lower. Once Airtel and Vi hikes the tariffs, nobody will use the data. 250 should be norm on monthly recharge of 20-25GB on data(50Rupees costlier on Vi and Airtel). 350 40-50GB data. 450 80-100GB data and so on(5G data tariffs should be in excess of 1000INR for 100GB data). Give bulk…
- FirozJuly 27th, 2021  | 08:50:26 PM
All brands are same. They do injustice to indians. They provide all bands with mimo and can. Either it is Chinese or branded. If you have enough money then go for iPhones.
- MudassarJuly 27th, 2021  | 08:37:21 PM
They are already charging premium, what else do they wanna charge for crappy android devices?
- NikhilJuly 27th, 2021  | 08:10:39 PM
I want same, but do you think Jio will coverage in naxalite area?
- AkashJuly 27th, 2021  | 08:09:48 PM
Except the design, nothing is spectacular. Looks like another overhyped product which is only good enough. But what else can we expect from Oneplus founder?
- NikhilJuly 27th, 2021  | 08:09:39 PM
Nokia, just look after yourself. Snapdragon 480 at 600Euroes. You are insane. Don't give damn about Jio. Nobody will buy your products.
- NikhilJuly 27th, 2021  | 08:08:20 PM
Poco F3 costs 26K since launch in Europe supports 4CA(even on Indian bands). Indian variant support just 2CA on Jio and nothing on Airtel. Same with Nord 2. 3+5+40 is seen on Jio and European variant support 4CA. Realme GT European version costs 32K and supports 4CA and in India, Realme X7 Max doesn't even…
- TusharJuly 27th, 2021  | 08:05:06 PM
for me...only mobikwik and payzapp is no working....rest everything working after using magisk hide...even irctc working
- SACHINJuly 27th, 2021  | 08:03:15 PM
same mc people provide more lte band mimo and ca in global varient almost same price as india...
- NASAJuly 27th, 2021  | 08:00:15 PM
get redmi note10/10pro....get pixel experience plus flashed i it..plus gcam...much better package...
- FirozJuly 27th, 2021  | 07:50:44 PM
Yes. I wonder How are they able to provide outside india??
- LintoJuly 27th, 2021  | 07:31:45 PM
4g was a necessasity but 5g I am not in a hurry and waste money... my 4g speed is awesome on Vi ...
- LintoJuly 27th, 2021  | 07:25:06 PM
Nokia 110 4g now launched for just 2799INR
- Chetan-bengaluruJuly 27th, 2021  | 07:18:48 PM
2008, ohhh is it??? But never seen your comments ?? Or were you commenting with lulu, chinu, papu , Airtel lover names??? Don't BS around. Stop whatever you are doing.
- Biswadeep, KolkataJuly 27th, 2021  | 06:52:00 PM
I also feel Jio hardware's performance is not good at high load condition. At that time Jio was 1 Mbps and Airtel was 60+Mbps but it's not at all possible that Airtel had 60 times less load compared to Jio. If Airtel has 100 data users here, Jio has 130. In a metro circle there…
- Kirit PatelJuly 27th, 2021  | 06:38:55 PM
This condition due to 3rd class hardware of samsung
- bharat khannaJuly 27th, 2021  | 06:30:22 PM
Rather have it shut down, It was created to regulate prices if it does not serve the primary purpose of creation it should go
- NikhilJuly 27th, 2021  | 06:12:52 PM
Just a reason to loot Indians.
- Jagjit SinghJuly 27th, 2021  | 05:42:47 PM
From Rs.249_2GB to Rs.4-6/GB, yes he is Messiah now. Getting him richer day by day is not a problem. We have nothing to do with what valuations he gets for his business and what money India generates by selling stake. Atleast these are people responsible for money arriving in India in tough Covid times and…
- SACHINJuly 27th, 2021  | 05:38:42 PM
- Jagjit SinghJuly 27th, 2021  | 04:59:17 PM
New comers? My first comment on TT was in 2008 when only 30-40 readers were there.
- AshokJuly 27th, 2021  | 04:47:40 PM
Even Premium subscription(1499) have ads.
- FarazJuly 27th, 2021  | 04:47:17 PM
Yes But unfortunately Airtel is not giving unlimited calls. Let's see how long they hold 2G customers.
- Mahmood JunaidJuly 27th, 2021  | 03:53:09 PM
True 3.3TB on 5g is not gonna happen... High data allowances will be provided only 5g FWA... On smartphones it is not gonna happen because smartphones will be mostly latched on to low or midbands which doesnt have much capacity... Also 5g requires massive infrastructure investments for approx 5-10x towers of 4g and massive fibre…
- senthil.July 27th, 2021  | 03:39:35 PM
lol... this is like cancer marrying hiv!
- RajeshJuly 27th, 2021  | 03:39:15 PM
Vip subscription will be loaded with ads. Does 499 or 899 still have ads?
- RijuJuly 27th, 2021  | 03:29:04 PM
Yes. People don't know more about tata communications and other tata group companies like nelco.
- RakeshJuly 27th, 2021  | 03:25:30 PM
Exactly, the reason why BSNL is not getting users is because of MTNL network in Mumbai and Delhi with a different tariff structure. Similarly, nobody uses MTNL because of roaming charges it has to pay to use BSNL network. If both are merged, trust me 2G of BSNL will be just enough for voice and…
- AmitJuly 27th, 2021  | 03:23:25 PM
I got free subscription with VI recharge.
- Girish Gowda | BengaLuruJuly 27th, 2021  | 02:49:02 PM
No businessman succeeds by worrying about individual profits. They only look at total cost and what total income earned and the profit they make. ARPU is useless in our country.
- Girish Gowda | BengaLuruJuly 27th, 2021  | 02:46:39 PM
Tata is a major global powerhouse in the internet space.
- SaicharanJuly 27th, 2021  | 02:19:09 PM
This is only good for VI Not for BSNL
- AshokJuly 27th, 2021  | 02:02:35 PM
Govt was already told that they will take steps to favour for entire telecom industry, not for one or two. So, wait and watch.
- TeleJuly 27th, 2021  | 02:02:12 PM
Current gov seems committed to destroy BSNL to a level where it can't survive to benefit "everyone know". Later gov will have a point to close loss making PSU.
- Chetan-bengaluruJuly 27th, 2021  | 01:51:16 PM
I have seen several new comers like you on this portal for several yrs now. They come and throw weight around and show they know everything... So I don't blame you...
- FarazJuly 27th, 2021  | 01:29:08 PM
Also after BSNL MTNL merger, they should shut down 2G and 3G and focus on giving 4G service only in all 4 big metro Kolkata, Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. Shutdown 3G in Kerala and make it 2G/4G only. Forget launching 4G all over India, and start preparing for 5G with rest of private teleco. Even…
- FarazJuly 27th, 2021  | 01:25:17 PM
Exactly, another merger will be so much disastrous and time talking, that there is no chance of either of their survival. Just like how Rcom MTS and Aircel merger was failed
- RijuJuly 27th, 2021  | 01:18:07 PM
Bro Check tata communications. Old vsnl. Check tata sky and tata sky broadband.
- FarazJuly 27th, 2021  | 01:15:13 PM
On 199 ?
- Jagjit SinghJuly 27th, 2021  | 01:11:00 PM
That logo is actually for you guys so that mess in your knees can be claened. Read my reply in other topic
- BABAJuly 27th, 2021  | 01:05:47 PM
we saw privite hsptls Nanga Nach in covid 19...eduction health security private shld hv 0 entry...desh dubane wale bhi private hi hai...
- Jagjit SinghJuly 27th, 2021  | 01:05:38 PM
There is a hell lot of stupidity going on with these analyst these days. These are same analyst who were saying Voda-Idea merger will bring tough compeition to Jio and Airtel. Why did Vodafone Plc and Idea Cellular Limited was merged? To save both the telcos and to fight compeititors. What happened? Both sinked and…
- RakeshJuly 27th, 2021  | 01:02:14 PM
merge BSNL with MTNL. bring same plans across all 22 circles. this should be enough. no need to merge with Vi.
- NickJuly 27th, 2021  | 12:58:57 PM
Tata too joining fools paradise? Not a single digital product from tata is successful. They can't do it anyways. Just fooling investors.
- RijuJuly 27th, 2021  | 12:47:32 PM
Privatising is pointless. We have already seen so many private telecom companies close their doors. Also, check the performance of Vodafone idea. Just privatizing a company will not make it magical. The only way to improve something is through efficient management. For BSNL, Allowing 4G will make so much difference. It will help them to…
- AshokJuly 27th, 2021  | 12:46:12 PM
First Govt to implement Floor tariff for UL Voice (99/-pm) and UL Voice and Data combo (Rs.299/- pm), Otherwise All telcos including Jio might CRUSH in 2 years
- WizardJuly 27th, 2021  | 12:17:45 PM
Nice Joke! Lol. Only Mittal is greedy and Ambani is Messiah that's why Ambani is getting richer day by day.
- NikhilJuly 27th, 2021  | 12:05:43 PM
Most of the places, Jio is not so good,as I said previously. There were some dormant sims which didnt get recharge due to pathetic speeds in 2020. Those sims are recharged again after spectrum addition and hence load is increased. One more reason for this, every phone supports 40C and these are the phones latch…
- NikhilJuly 27th, 2021  | 11:56:31 AM
2 years is big time. BSNL can't survive with 15Mhz of 4G spectrum.
- NikhilJuly 27th, 2021  | 11:55:50 AM
Thats the only way along with the privatization of BSNL. No other way to survive both of them.
- KRISHJuly 27th, 2021  | 11:52:35 AM
Only if Govt acquire Vi at throw away price, it makes sense to merge with BSNL. No other private group will come to rescue.
- Chetan- BengaluruJuly 27th, 2021  | 11:12:27 AM
Your logo tells a lot about you…. Lol. Btw BSNL out of the clutches of govt will not be BSNL anymore, if it all it gets privatised then all employees will be sacked. Then they will not be serving unprofitable areas as well. Pvt company like vi employees will take over its ops and spectrum…
- Love AirtelJuly 27th, 2021  | 10:53:23 AM
Don't you think having higher revenue per user would lead to higher overall revenue?
- NikhilJuly 27th, 2021  | 10:32:59 AM
They gained because Jio and Vi became shit. If Vi would have brought the investment, Airtel would have been crying by now. Airtel will cry now anyhow. Let's see.
- NikhilJuly 27th, 2021  | 10:31:50 AM
5G don't have that much capacity(Current bands). Jio don't have that much capacity. In next three years of so,people will move to fiber to home and reduce the load on 4G and 5G networks(which are going to costlier than now) and nobody will dare to use the data the way we are using right now.…
- NikhilJuly 27th, 2021  | 10:28:07 AM
He wants 300+ for 4G and 500+ for 5G. 200 is like peanuts. Every Airtel employee is stressed out because of this but this is relieved by Airtel fiber which is doing good business compared to Jio fiber and local cable broadband operators.
- Manpreet Singh RanaJuly 27th, 2021  | 10:23:32 AM
Jio providing free 98rs plan on recharge of 98rs and above
- Rummaan KhanJuly 27th, 2021  | 10:06:54 AM
Airtel Chennai Huawei TDD-FDD CA in Chennai.
- FarazJuly 27th, 2021  | 10:01:28 AM
Sanjay Dhotre, former Minister of State for Communications had said that BSNL won’t be privatised because the telco will launch 4G in two years around India. BSNL might survive with 4G but still remain loss making company. Without 5G, there is no chance of survival for more than 2 years. It's been 5 years since…
- Jagjit SinghJuly 27th, 2021  | 09:43:05 AM
I read 3 comments down there by Nick, Chetan and DGupta and as usual some people comment without researching and are getting blinded by anti-Govt stand they take in every other matter again and again. CUTS International just because it has International in its name doesn't make it foreign company. It is a Rajasthan based…
- FarazJuly 27th, 2021  | 09:41:20 AM
Yes, by 2025 5G has that capacity.