Oppo, the Chinese smartphone manufacturer who is trying to establish itself as a premium player, has now launched the N3 flagship smartphone in the country for Rs. 42,990. The smartphone was launched back in October last year at an event in Singapore. The smartphone’s highlight is its 16-megapixel 206-degree rotating camera. The company says that it can rotate up to rotate to 0.012 degrees accurately to facilitate an easy capturing of the selfies.
It comes with a 5.5-inch full HD IPS LCD display, a quad-core Snapdragon 801 SoC, 2GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, a microSD card slot, Dual-SIM 4G LTE connectivity, and a 3,000 mAh battery. It also gets a fingerprint reader at the rear and VOOC fast charging. Its camera has a motorised module, so it can rotate by itself, resulting in features such as Auto Panorama, which takes a panorama image without requiring the user to move. There are a lot of other professional preset camera modes in the camera application.
Oppo N3 Specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 4.4 KitKat operating system with Color OS 2.0.1
- 2.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, Adreno 330 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 32GB of internal storage and a microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- 16MP primary camera, autofocus, Schneider-Kreuznach lens, LED flash, 206-degree rotating camera module with Omnivision CMOS sensor, and 4K video recording
- Dual-SIM (Nano SIM + Micro SIM), 4G LTE, 3G, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS (with A-GPS, GLONASS and Beidou), Micro-USB with OTG, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 3,000 mAh Li-Po battery, VOOC Rapid Charging; 161.2 x 77 x 8.7 mm; 192g
The Oppo N3 has been launched in white colour and the pre-bookings have commenced. It features a Snapdragon 801 processor, but smartphones with a much more powerful Snapdragon 810 processor will start hitting the market in a few weeks, making the Oppo N3 obsolete. Also, it lacks OIS even though its a camera focussed smartphone. Just to put things into perspective, Moto Turbo costs Rs. 41,999, which is way better device than the Oppo N3.