OnePlus had confirmed multiple times that it is working on a mid-range smartphone, and that it will announce it sometime later this year. Now, an e-commerce website in China has listed the OnePlus X along with its specifications, price, and colour options.
According to the information available on the website, the device would run Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, and feature a 5-inch OLED display, a quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, 3GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, a microSD card slot, dual-SIM card slot with 4G LTE connectivity, and a 2,450 mAh battery
OnePlus X Specifications
- 5-inch OLED display, 1,080 x 1,920 pixels, ~441 ppi
- 13MP primary camera, autofocus, LED flash, 4K video recording, and 8MP secondary camera
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop-based OxygenOS
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, 2.0GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 330 GPU, and 3GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage and a microSD card slot (upto 128GB)
- Accelerometer, Ambient-Light Sensor, e-Compass, Proximity Sensor
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Dual-SIM (Nano SIM), Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, NFC, and microUSB 2.0 port
- 2,450 mAh battery
According to the price of the OnePlus X that is listed on the website, it looks like the device might be priced below the OnePlus One in India and all over the world where the device would be available. It’s interesting to see that OnePlus has used the Snapdragon 801 processor, which is one of the best SoCs every released. However, it’s surprising to see that OnePlus X will feature NFC even though the OnePlus 2, which is its flagship device with a higher price tag, lacks it.