Notion Ink has launched a Windows 8-based tablet, the Notion Ink Cain 8, in India for Rs 9,990. It is the cheapest tablet in the world to run on Windows 8.1 and the device has value for money written all over it. The tablet has been launched exclusively on Snapdeal and is intended to cater to the budget-conscious users. It has an 8-inch display which seems to be the next 7-inch after seeing the fact that smartphones are increasing in size with passage of time. It is powered by a 64-bit quad-core processor from Intel, 1GB of RAM, and 16GB of on-board storage. Snapdeal is also giving away an 8GB microSD card with the Cain 8 as a promotional offer.
Notion Ink Cain 8 Specifications
- 8-inch IPS LCD display, HD (1280 x 800 pixels) resolution
- Windows 8.1 Operating System
- 1.33GHz quad-core Intel Atom Z3735D processor (up to 1.83GHz), 64-bit, 2MB Cache, Intel HD Graphics (311 – 646 MHz), and 1GB DDR3 RAM
- 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 64GB)
- 2-megapixel rear-facing camera and 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- 3G (through SIM card), Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, micro HDMI, and USB OTG
- 4000mAh battery
- Colour: Matte Black colour
- Price: Rs 9,990
The closest priced competitor with Windows 8.1 operating system is iBall WQ32, which is priced at Rs. 15,999 and comes with similar feature set. Notion Ink Cain 8 is definitely priced very well and it comes across as a device you can look forth to as an alternative to other budget Android tablets. The company has a lot to prove and such devices coupled with a good after sales support will go a long way helping it build a positive brand image.