Tata Sky has launched a new set-top-box (STB), named Tata Sky+ Transfer that facilitates content transfer to smart devices using Tata Sky app. Using the app, customers will be able to watch television programmes on devices without using mobile internet.
“While we have STB’s that allow one to record content and play it later, we realized there is a large section of people, who don’t have the time to sit in front of the TV set to watch content. This STB is targeted at such consumers,” said Chief executive Harit Nagpal.
The transfer happens only between a set-top-box and one registered smart device that is synched using app. Hence, this protects piracy to a limit. Similarly, it is developed in such a way that the transfer can take place on a particular Wi-Fi, which again has to be synched with the app.
You can access Transfer pack only with a Tata Sky+, subscribe to the Transfer pack for each registered device on which you wish to access the service by –
- Tapping on the ‘Transfer’ icon in the Tata Sky Mobile app – following which the pack will get added automatically to your account.
- Ensure that your Tata Sky+ Transfer box and device are connected to your home Wi-Fi.
- To be able to transfer content, you need to have recorded content on your Tata Sky+ Transfer set top box.
- Launch the Tata Sky Mobile app, login and tap on ‘Transfer’ on the home screen.
- If your set top box and device are on the same Wi-Fi network, you will see your recorded content displayed in the ‘My Box’ section.
- Select the content of your choice and once you tap on ‘Transfer’, the transfer process will start.
- Once the transfer is complete, you have to visit the ‘My Phone/My Pad’ section to view this content and just tap on ‘Play’ to view your recorded content.
Both iOS and Android users can use this STB. A first-of-its-kind technology in Asia, these new STBs are cost Rs. 9,300 for new buyers and Rs. 7,200 for existing customers.