For 2013 Brandz released their 8th annunal list of top 100 most valuable global brands, using the data collected by Millward Brown on behalf of W and tapping into the proprietary valuation method of Millard Brown Optimor.
The Telecom category has listed top 10 brands which includes UK based Vodafone, Russian telecom giant MTS and India headquatered Bharti Airtel, who are operating in India. Vodafone is also among the top 20 most valuable global brands across all categories.
MTS (owned by Sistema, in India operates as Sistema Shyam Teleservices)
- MTS has returned to one of the most valuable global brands in the world of telecom
- Value of Russia’s largest telecommunications operator – MTS rose 11% to $ 10.633 billion and went up by three points to take 82nd place in the BrandZ Top 100 most valuable brands.
- Reason attributed by report – investing heavily in the development of the brand, improving products and services
Airtel (of Bharti Group, operates in India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and 17 African countries)
- Airtel on the other hand – saw its brand value erode by 13% and it has dropped 3 positions in the list of most valueable telcos in the world
- Global valuation ranking due to erosion in the same value, brand Airtel has dropped 18 positions