LG has just listed the G Pad 8.0 tablet with 3G in on its India website for Rs 21,000. The Wi-Fi only variant of the tablet has been around for about a month in the country and currently sells for about Rs 17,000-18,000. The listing pretty much confirms that the official launch is just around the corner. We can expect LG to launch this device quietly in the country, like it recently did with the Spirit and Magna smartphones.
The G Pad 8.0 first broke cover in last May and has taken quite a while to reach us and LG might even be having its successor in the works by now. The tablet has an 8.0-inch display and gets a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. Globally, LG had launched only the Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi + LTE variant till now and this 3G variant seems to be the third one.
It gets 3G connectivity via the SIM card slot. It comes with a feature called QPair 2.0 which lets you answer phone calls, receive notifications, and send text messages from the tablet after connecting your smartphone with the tablet via Bluetooth.
LG G Pad 8.0 Specification
- 8.0-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels
- Android 4.4 KitKat, upgradeable to Android 5.0.2 KitKat
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 SoC, 1.2GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB of internal storage which can be expanded by 32GB with a microSD card
- 5-megapixel rear camera and 1.3-megapixel front camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB
- 4,200 mAh battery
The tablet has specifications which would have looked good an year ago at this price point. With the likes of Mi Pad coming in for Rs 12,999, LG might just find it a bit hard to find takers for the tablet.