The convertible tablet arena is increasing at a steady pace as the convertible devices provide the mobility of a tablet and the convenience of a laptop on-the-go. The Thinkpad 10 tries to bring together performance, budget and mobility into a single package. It has a 10-inch full HD display and runs Windows 10. It is among the first crop of devices to run on Windows 10 out-of-the box.
Priced at $549 (roughly Rs 33,000), it will be slotted in the mid-range segment as far as the convertibles go. Powering it is an Intel 8500/89700 quad-core processor which is joined in by up to 4GB of RAM. It will have the option of choosing an internal storage capacity choice of 64GB or 128GB. There will be additional 4G LTE variant on offer as well.
Lenovo is trying to woo the corporate users with and has a high level of security. It has a fingerprint reader, dTPM encryption (optional), a smart card reader and anti-glare coating on top for better sunlight legibility.
Let us quickly recap its specifications:
Lenovo Thinkpad 10 specifications
- It has the support for Thinkpad Pro pen which recognizes your handwriting.
- 1-inch display, 1900 x 1200 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Windows 10
- Intel Atom Z8500/8700 processor, 2GB/4GB RAM
- 5-megapixel rear camera with a LED flash, 1.2-megapixel front camera
- 64GB/128GB internal storage variants
- 3G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB
- 32Wh battery, up to 10 hours of usage
The tablet further has Realtek ALC5672 audio with 1W stereo speakers. It will go on sale in August. Lenovo has also launched a host of accessories for it which include a stylus, a quickshot cover, an ultrabook keyboard, a folio keyboard and a tablet dock. It will go on sale in the August-September time-frame.