iBall has just launched the Windows 8.1 based Slide i701 tablet in India at a price of just Rs 4,999. iBall has surprised every one by launching the Windows 8.1 based tablet at such a low price. The iBall Slide i701 has further gone ahead and become the cheapest Windows 8.1 tablet globally.
This move comes after Microsoft made the licensing free for tablets with less than 8-inches of screen size. The Slide i701 comes with a 7-inch IPS display and is powered by a 1.33GHz quad-core Intel processor. There's 1GB of RAM, 16GB of expandable storage, 2MP rear camera and a VGA front camera.
The retail package brings with it a free HDMI cable worth Rs 699 and three inter-changeable protective covers worth Rs 599. Let us quickly take a look at the specifications of the tablet.
iBall Slide i701 Specifications
- 7-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels
- Windows 8.1 (upgradeable to Windows 10)
- 1.3 GHz quad-core Intel Atom processor, 1GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable by 32GB
- 2-megapixel rear camera and VGA front camera
- 3G via dongle, Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, micro HDMI and microUSB for connectivity
- 3,200 mAh battery
It also comes with an year's subscription of Office 365 which itself costs Rs 3,299. It will go on sale on May 21st in the country through e-commerce portals and retail chains. iBall has brought the new Windows tablet at a price point which makes it accessible to a wide range of people. And the impressive retail bundle just makes the deal sweeter. Let us wait and watch if the tablet can actually perform well in real-life conditions.