HP, the global giant in the world of personal computing has slowly started agreeing to the fact that it needs tablets in its portfolio if it wants to stay in the game. That is the reason it has been constantly launching tablets and two new tablets have just been listed on its International websites. The HP Slate 7 VoiceTab Ultra has been listed on the Singapore specific website while the HP Slate 8 Plus has been listed on its French website.
HP Slate 7 VoiceTab Ultra
- 7 inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1200 pixels
- 1.6 GHz quad core HiSilicon Balong V9R1 processor, Mali 450 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with Huawei’s Emotion 2.0 UI on top of it
- 13 MP primary camera with LED flash and a 5MP secondary camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG and optional Dual SIM connectivity (We’d probably get the 3G variant only)
- 5000 mAh battery
- $499 which translates into roughly Rs 24,000 so we can expect a similar price tag here too.
HP Slate 8 Plus
The image for the same just refused to load so we have information only about the specs
- 8 inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 800 pixels
- 1.6 GHz quad-core HiSilicon Balong V9R1 processor, Mali 450 GPU
- 1GB RAM, 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean with Emotion UI 2.0 on top
- 5MP primary camera and a 1MP front camera
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. We’d again get the 3G variant only.
- 299 Euros which translates into Rs 24,500 roughly
These two tablets will be launched but an older version of Android would be an issue. HP needs to price them like a complete value for money offering if they want to gain any traction from the consumers.