Gionee has finally rolled out Android 4.4 KitKat update to its mid-range Elife S5.5 smartphone. The 865MB OTA (over the air) update which started rolling out to users this morning contains improvements to the overall user interface fluidity and new notifications bar layout. The design of the UI appears slightly flatter now.
Gionee Elife S5.5 Android 4.4 KitKat Features
- Android upgrade to KitKat
- New Desktop layout
- Removed the world cricket championship
- Added Du speed booster for faster operations
- Updated Amigo Paper with a brand new UI interface design
- Updated Game Zone with a new UI interface design
- Updated GioneeXender for optimized performance and further improved the linking success rate
It looks like Gionee has spent most of its time on updating its own applications and services rather than improving the UI design and optimisations. We are yet to notice any improvements in gaming or battery life.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.