Samsung’s mid-range tablet lineup has been one of the reasons it has a strong grip in the tablet arena. It is continuing to strengthen its mid-range globally and has quietly launched a new tablet called the Galaxy Tab A Plus. The tablet has been launched with S-Pen which is something Samsung bestows only its high-end devices with. It has been launched at a price of EUR 339 which translates into roughly Rs 23,500.
The Galaxy Tab A Plus comes with a 9.7-inch LCD display which has a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels. It boots Android 5.0 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI on top of it. Samsung has opted in for a Ziilabs ZMS-08 chipset which comes with a 1.2GHz quad-core CPU. There’s 2GB of RAM present on board. It misses out on cellular connectivity and has only Wi-Fi connectivity. Let us quickly take a look at its specifications:
Samsung Galaxy Tab A Plus specifications
- 9.7-inch LCD display, 1024 x 768 pixels
- Android 5.0 Lollipop with TouchWiz UI
- Ziilabs ZMS-08 chipset, 1.2GHz quad-core CPU, 2GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage, expandable with microSD card (up to 128GB)
- 5-megapixel rear camera and 2-megapixel front camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and micro-USB connectivity
- 6,000 mAh battery
Like majority of Samsung’s tablets, this one too will be available in black and white colours. The tablet has been listed on company’s French website and is expected to roll out to other parts of the world soon.