Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) one of India’s leading telecommunications service providers today announced the launch of Voice SMS service for its 2G and 3G GSM customers across all circles for a fixed price for 75 paisa.
Fun and easy to use, this new service enables BSNL subscribers to send Voice SMS messages to each other in their own voice, rather than by typing. Voice SMS is an enhanced mode of communication enriched with the sender’s voice, language and emotions, and offers complete flexibility in retrievals.
The Voice SMS service on BSNL Mobile will available to both prepaid and postpaid (2G and 3G) users from 10th September,2013 at uniform rate of Rs.0.75 for sending, replying, forwarding and SMS to any Local, STD mobile number while in Home network and National Roaming.
BSNL Voice SMS Services Tariff :
How to Use BSNL Voice SMS Service :
- Does not require any special handsets, or handset settings
- BSNL Postpaid and Prepaid subscribers have to dial* and the mobile number of the person for sending the message.
- If the recipient is a BSNL subscriber, he will receive a text SMS notification and can dial *0* to hear the Voice SMS.
- Old Voice SMS can be retrieved by dialing *1*.
- Users can replying, forwarding, saving or deleting the Voice SMS messages.
- Subscribers not on the BSNL network will get a text SMS notification with an embedded Direct Listen number.
In India, Bharti Airtel was the first Pan India mobile service provider who introduced Voice SMS Service on mobile in 2008 followed by Vodafone and since last 4-5 years it is available with all leading mobile service providers including PSU MTNL .