Bharti Airtel, India’s largest GSM service provider, has taken its award winning MCHECK application a step further – the service is now available Voice! Previously if a customer wanted to use the MHECK service he/she needed to SMS “AIRTEL” to 543219, after which a URL would be sent to the phone. In case the handset did not support the application, then the MCHECK registration & usage would not be possible.
All that has changed now, an Airtel mobile customer simply needs to call 543219 (Toll-free) and register his credit card number, the entire process takes less than 5 minutes.
MCHECK service can be used for any of the following
- Postpaid Bill Payment
- Prepaid Recharge
- Airtel Landline Bill Payment
Registration is so simple, just follow these steps:
- Dial 543219
- Enter 6 digit Pin number of your choice
- Enter 16 digit CREDIT CARD number
- Enter 3 digit CVV2 number (reverse of card)
- Lastly enter CARD EXPIRY DATE (MM YY format)
Payments using MCHECK is done as follows:
- Dial 543219
- Select (1) for POSTPAID BILL PAYMENT (2) PREPAID RECHARGE (3) Landline Payment
- Enter the PAYMENT AMOUNT and press (1) when asked to confirm
- Enter the MOBILE NUMBER (if paying for another mobile subscriber) and option (2)
- Enter the REGISTERED PIN NUMBER
- SMS would be received confirming success (or failure) or the payment
The person behind Mobile Operator code, former telecom specialist.