As a part of the network upgrade in Punjab circle and the subsequent launch of 4G services in the state, Vodafone India has announced a free SIM upgrade offer where the subscribers will get 2GB of free 3G data on 4G-enabled smartphones. The SIM cards can be collected from all Vodafone Stores, Vodafone Mini Stores and 6000+ multi-brand outlets located across Punjab.
The 4G services will be launched only in selected towns of Punjab. The announcement of the commercial launch will arrive soon.
The prepaid customers can enjoy the one time offer of 2GB 3G data for free for a period of ten days. The post-paid customers, on the other hand, can avail the benefit for one bill cycle. The 2GB of free 3G data benefit will be added to the data balance of customers within 48 hours of the SIM exchange.
Vodafone promises a hassle-free SIM exchange process. With the new 4G-ready SIM, customers can continue their existing plans and it will be automatically upgraded to 4G as soon as the services are launched commercially in Punjab.
Commenting on the launch offer, Rajat Avasthi, Business Head, Punjab, HP and J&K, Vodafone India, said, “Vodafone is one of the leading telecommunication services providers in Punjab and our 5 million+ customers in the region have a lot to look forward to. We have made 2GB of 3G DATA free for our customers to start experiencing the benefits be 4G and be ready to enjoy high-speed mobile internet services as soon as these are launched commercially. We are excited and fully geared up to launch our 4G services on the superior 1800 MHz band in Punjab very soon.”
The steps to activate the new 4G-ready SIM are listed below:
- Walk into any nearby Vodafone Store, Vodafone Mini Store or multi-brand outlet and place the request for 4G ready SIM
- To activate the 4G SIM card, use the subscriber’s existing Vodafone number to SMS ‘SIMEX <your 20 digits new 4G SIM card number>’ to 55199 (this number will be available on the new SIM card/jacket given to the customer)
- The subscriber will receive a response SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered
- Send the last 6 digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within two hours of receiving the SMS mentioned in the above step.
- The customer will receive a success SMS, post which the 4G-ready SIM will be activated within 20 minutes.
- Subsequently, replace the old SIM in the handset with the new 4G ready SIM and continue to enjoy un-interrupted Vodafone services.
For any assistance, the subscribers can call 199 or seek assistance from the staff at any Vodafone retail store.