Xolo has added a new device to its line-up of Android smartphones, the Opus 3. Price at Rs. 8,499, the Xolo Opus 3 features a 5-inch HD IPS display, Android 4.4.2 KitKat, a quad-core MediaTek processor, 1GB RAM, and a 2,500 mAh battery. It is equipped with an 8-megapixel primary camera with 1080p video recording and a 5-megapixel front-facing camera.
Xolo Opus 3 Specifications
- 5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 294 ppi, 5-point capacitive multi-touch
- Android v4.4.2 KitKat
- 1.3GHz quad-core MT6582M, 533MHz Mali-400 MP2 GPU, 1GB RAM
- 8GB ROM, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 8MP primary camera (Sony Exmor R Sensor), LED flash, autofocus, 1080p video recording
- 5MP secondary camera with 88-degree wide-angle lens and operator video calling
- Dual-SIM (3G + 2G), 21Mbps HSDPA, 5.76Mbps HSUPA
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0, microUSB v2.0 HS, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- GPS with A-GPS, accelerometer, ambient-light sensor, proximity sensor, and magnetometer
- 2,500 mAh battery, 6 hours continuous web browsing on Wi-Fi, and 6 hours continuous video playback
- 143 x 71.3 x 8.8 mm
In terms of connectivity, the Opus 3 comes with dual-SIM card slots with 21Mbps HSDPA connectivity in the primary SIM card slot, while the second SIM card slot supports 2G connectivity. It competes with the likes of the Xiaomi Redmi Note, the Lava Iris X5, the Panasonic Eluga S, and the Karbonn Titanium S19. Of all the competitors, the Opus 3 stands out due to its large 2,500 mAh battery, though it is not as large as the 3,100 mAh battery used in the Redmi Note. But then again, the Redmi Note has a larger 5.5-inch screen and an octa-core processor to feed power to.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.