Xiaomi has launched two new smartphones; the Redmi Note and the Redmi Note 4G in India. The Xiaomi Redmi Note is priced at Rs. 8,999, while its 4G LTE variant, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4G has an attractive price of Rs. 9,999.
The Redmi Note is equipped by a 1.7GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6592 processor with 3G HSPA+ connectivity and the Redmi Note 4G is equipped with a 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor with 4G LTE (TDD-2300 MHz & FDD-1800 MHz) connectivity.
Xiaomi Redmi Note/Note 4G specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 267 ppi, and dual-microphone
- MIUI with Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (Redmi Note)/Android 4.4 KitKat (Redmi Note 4G)
- 1.7GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6592 with Mali-450MP GPU (Redmi Note)/1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 with Adreno 305 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 8GB storage, microSD card slot (up to 32GB)
- 13MP primary camera, autofocus, 28mm wide-angle lens, LED flash, 1080p video recording, HDR, real-time filters
- 5MP secondary camera
- Redmi Note: Dual-SIM (3G + 2G)
- Redmi Note 4G: Single-SIM (4G LTE: TDD-2300 MHz & FDD-1800 MHz)
- Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0 LE, Micro USB v2.0 port, and USB OTG
- A-GPS, gyroscope, light sensor, accelerometer, proximity sensor, electronic compass
- 3,100 mAh removable Li-Po battery
Both the smartphones feature a 5.5-inch HD IPS LCD display, 2GB RAM, 13-megapixel primary camera, 5-megapixel secondary camera, and a 3,100 mAh battery. The Redmi Note runs MIUI on top of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, while the Redmi Note 4G runs MIUI with Android 4.4 KitKat. You should note that unlike the Redmi Note, which has two SIM card slots, the Redmi Note 4G has only one SIM card slot.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note will be available starting December from Flipkart and the registrations to buy the device on the 2nd of December will be accepted starting tomorrow. Xiaomi has partnered with Airtel to sell the Redmi Note 4G through its own stores and the registrations to buy the 4G LTE variant will start during mid-December.
Also Read: 5 Best smartphones to buy under Rs. 10,000
Both these devices will compete with the likes of Asus Zenfone 5, Motorola Moto G (2013), Micromax Canvas Turbo A250, Panasonic P55, Sony Xperia M, HTC Desire 310, and Nokia Lumia 630 Dual SIM.