Nokia has been making constant improvements in the budget Windows Phone category. Lumia 520 was one of the best-selling smartphones in the country and then they launched the Lumia 525 with upgraded RAM for about the same price. It has now launched its first Windows Phone 8.1 devices in India, the Lumia 630 and the Lumia 630 dual SIM. The single SIM variant costs Rs 10,500 whereas the dual SIM variant has been priced at Rs 11,500. A point worth mentioning is that it is also the first Windows Phone device with dual SIM capability.
Nokia Lumia 630 Specifications
- 4.5 inch ClearBlack IPS LCD display with a resolution of 854 x 480 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Windows Phone 8.1 OS
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 processor, 512 MB RAM
- 8GB internal storage which can be expanded by 128 GB and is a segment first feature
- 5MP rear auto focus camera and no front camera
- On-screen buttons
- 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and GLONASS for connectivity
- Rs 10,500 for single SIM & Rs 11,500 for dual SIM
The Lumia 630 can't be considered as a good upgrade over the Lumia 520 though as it misses out on a 1GB RAM which is present in the Lumia 525. The screen resolution as well as the camera stays the same. Both the devices will go on sale later this month starting 16th of May. Will Microsoft be successful in pulling users from Android? Let us see how it performs in the market in the coming months.