It has been around eighteen months since Xiaomi announced the Mi 4, but the Chinese smartphone brand didn't announce its successor for quite a while now. Last week, Hugo Barra had revealed that Xiaomi's flagship smartphone for 2016, the Mi 5, will be unveiled before the world on February 24 during MWC 2016.
Now, Xiaomi's president Lin Bin, has posted a couple of images on China's Weibo social network claiming that they were indeed captured using the company's upcoming flagship smartphone, the Xiaomi Mi 5.
It is being reported that the Mi 5 would feature a 16-megapixel primary camera with laser-assisted autofocus, dual-LED flash, OIS, and 4K video recording.
Xiaomi Mi 5 Specifications
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow-based MIUI 7
- 5.7-inch IPS LCD display, 1,920 x 1,080 pixels (386 ppi), 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- 16-megapixel primary camera, laser-assisted phase-detection autofocus, OIS, dual-tone dual-LED flash, and 4K video recording
- 5-megapixel secondary camera with 1080p video recording
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, quad-core Kyro CPU, and Adreno 530 GPU
- 3GB/4GB LP-DDR4 RAM with 16GB/64GB/128GB internal storage
- Accelerometer, electronic compass, touch-based fingerprint sensor, gyro-sensor, and proximity sensor
- 4G LTE, dual-SIM card slot, Wi-Fi ac/b/g/n, NFC, IR Blaster, Bluetooth v4.1 with LE, GPS, microUSB port, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- Non-removable battery
The Xiaomi Mi 5 will reportedly feature a 5.7-inch QHD IPS LCD display with a 2.5D Gorilla Glass 4 covering to protect it from scratches and scuffs.The build of the device will comprise of metal and glass layers, making its design closer to that of the Samsung Galaxy S6 family of devices and their expected successors.
The device is expected to come with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow-based MIUI 7.0 out of the box, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 chipset with four Kyro CPU cores, a powerful Adreno 530 GPU, 3GB or 4GB of LP-DDR4 RAM, 16GB/64GB of internal storage space, and a fingerprint sensor for easy and accurate user authentication.
For the first time, Xiaomi will bring a home button on its smartphone that will integrate a fingerprint sensor inside itself. If this comes out to be true, it will resemble a lot to the Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Samsung Galaxy S7 edge. The Mi 5 is also expected to feature an IR Blaster, NFC, dual-SIM card slot, GPS, and other regular connectivity features.