Vodafone India, today announced that it has deployed Cisco’s Self Optimizing Network (SON) technology to deliver a superior mobile experience to its users. Vodafone expects Cisco SON to deliver a truly differentiated customer experience, both by optimizing its existing sites and by streamlining the process of adding new sites to its fast growing network.
Vodafone India has already deployed SON over a third of its network. Deployment will continue until the entire network is SON-enabled. Vodafone India has more than 194 million customers and is growing fast.To deliver a great quality of service to all of them the operator constantly upgrades and innovates its network. Cisco SON is expected to boost both voice and data experience to Vodafone’s 3G customers.
Cisco SON has an ability to deliver these benefits:
· Improve voice call quality and reduce dropped call rates
· Higher data speed and better accessibility
· Lower network congestion through superior load balancing
· Better network service during mass events (planned or unexpected) when many people use their mobile devices at the same time
· Quicker automatic site deployment, resulting in much fewer service disruptions
· Reduced operational costs through automation of many of the engineering intensive tasks associated with running the network
Speaking on the new deployment, Vishant Vora, Vodafone India’s director of Technology said, “This initiative follows our strategy and commitment to deliver an enhanced &differentiated customer experience. We are confident that our ongoing fruitful relationships with Cisco will help us delight our users with a great quality of both voice and data services.”
Esmail is our very own in-house spectrum specialist. He is passionate about Telecom, DTH and OTT video streaming apps. When not writing an article, you can find him binge watching shows on Netflix while sipping on a cup of coffee.