With Android 12, Google decided to make some major gains in terms of features, appearance and usability. The company will offer Material You, which can control the appearance of its UI smartly.
Google’s Pixels have always worked best with Stock Android, as Google makes certain changes and offers certain upgrades with the UI to showcase what it thinks Android should look and feel like, as opposed to what other companies do with the operating system.
This comes at a time when Apple decided to bring a multitude of upgrades to iOS in order to make it that much more appealing to the user since certain privacy or functionality features might just push them into buying the iPhone.
Google’s Latest Functionality Makes Using Your Phone Easier
One such addition was an interesting gesture for the Google Pixel 5 on Android 12, which can allow users to tap the back of their phone to do or activate certain prompts or tasks, which can be quite useful.
This feature, dubbed Quick Tap can be customized to do actions such as screenshots, or start a specific application. If you do have a Pixel that is compatible, you might be wondering as to how you can make use of the same. Here’s how.
1. Before you begin, do check whether or not your Google Phone supports this Quick Tap functionality, since it is not available on all devices.
2. Once you have done so, you will be required to open the Settings application that is present in your handset.
3. Then, you need to go to Systems>Gestures and locate the options that you need to use.
4. After this, you need to locate the Quick Tap option in the gestures settings.
5. Then, you need to make sure that the Use Quick Tap option is switched on, without which the functionality will not work.
6. Once all this is done, you can choose your action of choice and select the specific function that you want to be prompted on a back tap.
Why Should You Care About this Feature?
Whilst this might seem like a gimmick, for users who have tons of apps and only a few apps that they might need when they are out, this feature could be a god sent since they will be able to save their time.
Once you do choose the specific task or action, consider that you are outside or need to just call someone, one tap can do the trick, which can save ample amounts of time.