Lenovo has just launched its flagship smartphone, the Vibe Z2 Pro in India with a 6-inch QHD display for Rs 32,999 and will go on sale exclusively on Flipkart in India from October 6. The Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro was earlier leaked in China and features a Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage, 16MP primary camera and a 5MP front-facing camera.
Going by its hardware specifications, the Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro appears to be a beast and the best equipped device in its price range. They've done some really nice job with the camera hardware. Lenovo is also offering an option to use stock Android UI for the ones who do not like Lenovo's custom UI design. But will Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro face a similar UI stutter issue that is seen in the LG G3 as it is powered by a Snapdragon 801 and not the Snapdragon 805?
Lenovo Vibe Z2 Pro Specifications
- 6-inch IPS LCD display, QHD (2560 x 1440 pixels) resolution
- Android 4.4 KitKat with Vibe 2.0 UI, Stock Android UI option
- 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, 550MHz Adreno 330 GPU, and 3GB RAM
- 32GB of non-expandable internal storage
- 16-megapixel autofocus camera, OIS, dual LED flash, anti-lens distortion
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera, 1080p video recording
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, 3G (HSPA+), Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n, Bluetooth LE with A2DP, GPS, NFC and microUSB v2.0 port
- 4,000 mAh battery
- Colours: Titanium, Black and Gold
- Price: Rs. 32,999
The smartphone has top-of-the-line specifications and Lenovo seems to have gotten its pricing right on target. It will end up competing against the likes of LG G3, Samsung Galaxy S5 and HTC One E8 with a price tag that will be swinging the balance in Lenovo's favour.
Are we looking at the new best-seller here? Only time will tell if Indian consumers trust a Lenovo device while buying a high-end smartphone.