Idea Cellular posted a net profit after tax of Rs. 7558.80 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2014 as compared to Rs. 4476.10 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2013. Total Income has increased from Rs. 63859.10 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2013 to Rs. 76864.80 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2014.
Below are the highlights from the quarterly report:
- The company has a 143.6 million subscriber base (2G+3G)
- It only has 17.0% 3G device penetration on EoP subscribers, indicating that all the 3G devices that the company is launching isn't any helpful. The 3G device penetration has however increased from 15.1% from last quarter
- It's interesting to note that while 17.0% of its subscribers have 3G enabled devices, only 13.3 million users or 9.26% of total subscribers are utilizing 3G data+voice services. It has made its biggest 3G subscribers base in last couple of quarters. However, mobile data consumer base is now at 30.9 million subscribers, adding 3.1 million subscribers this quarter. This indicates that a large chunk of its subscriber base is still using 2G connection.
- 3G Data ARPU for 3G data subscriber has increased to Rs. 195 from Rs. 177 from last quarter. This indicates that users are now consuming more data - 3G Data usages by 3G Data subscribers was at 693MB, from from 666MB in last quarter. Usage per subscriber is at 447MB
- Average revenue per user declined to Rs. 176 from Rs. 181 from last quarter. This is the first time that ARPU has declined since same quarter last year. Voice ARPU has declined as well
- It has reported 21.1% VAS as a % of service revenue, up from 17.8% from last quarter. Where as data as a % of service revenue was at 14.0%, up from 11.5% for the last quarter. Not-Data VAS as a percentage of service revenue was at 7.1%, up from 6.4% in last quarter