HTC launched the One M9+ in India today for Rs 52,500 at a launch event, where they also announced two more devices for India – the HTC One E9+ and the HTC Desire 326G. HTC has not announced a price tag for them, but stated that both of them will go on sale in the second half of May 2015. The HTC One E9+ is a slightly cheaper version of the HTC One M9+, while the Desire 326G is an all new lower mid-range Android smartphone.
Talking about the E9+, the device has specifications similar to the One M9+, but ditches the all metal unibody for a plastic one. It also ditches the accidental damage warranty protection found on the flagship. It is expected to be priced around the Rs. 40,000-45,000 mark when it goes on sale in the country. The HTC Desire 326G is meant to cater to the sub-Rs. 10,000 price segment.
HTC One E9+ Specifications
- 5-inch, 2560 x 1440 pixels, 534 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 4
- MediaTek MT6795T processor, 64-bit 2.0GHz octa-core CPU, PowerVR G6200 GPU, and 3GB RAM
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system with Sense 7 UI
- 16GB internal storage and a microSD card slot (up to 2TB)
- 20-megapixel rear camera with depth sensor, dual-tone dual-LED flash, 4K video recording
- 4-megapixel front-facing camera, 1/3-inch UltraPixel sensor, and 1080p video recording
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 with Apt-X, NFC, Infrared port, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, Micro-USB port with MHL and OTG, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 2,800 mAh battery
- Colours: Meteor Gray, Classic Rose Gold, Gold Sepia
HTC Desire 326G Specifications
- 4.5-inch display, 854 x 480 pixels, 217 ppi
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat with Sense UI on top of it (version unspecified)
- Spreadtrum SC7731G SoC, 1.2GHz quad-core CPU, Mali-400 MP2 GPU, and 1GB RAM
- 8GB of expandable internal storage with a microSD card slot for memory expansion (up to 32GB)
- 8MP primary camera with a BSI sensor, 2MP secondary with a BSI sensor
- Dual-SIM, 3G + 2G, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS with A-GPS, Micro-USB port, and 3.5 mm audio jack
- 2,000 mAh battery
- Colours: White Birch and Black Onyx
These devices will go on sale towards the end of May, and their pricing will be revealed at that point of time. The Desire 326G will have to be priced really aggressively as it will be going up against the likes of Moto E (2nd Gen), Lenovo A6000, and Yu Yureka. On the other hand, the One E9+ will be battling it out against the likes of Motorola Moto Turbo and Motorola Nexus 6 as it will be priced around the Rs. 40,000 mark.