HTC sent out the invites for a launch event earlier this month to launch a new device in India. It was assumed that the device will be the HTC One M9,but it seems like that HTC decided to skip the device and launch the HTC One M9+ instead. The HTC One M9+, a beefed up variant of the HTC One M9, has been launch in India at a price of Rs. 52,500.
The flagship smartphone recently broke cover, and has touched base in India ahead of many other global markets. The device comes with a 5.2-inch QHD display and a design philosophy similar to the One M9. It is powered by a 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek MT6795T processor which belongs to the latest Helio line of SoCs from Mediatek. There's 3GB of RAM present on board for aiding your multitasking needs, and 32GB of onboard storage, which can be expanded using a microSD card.
HTC One M9+ Specifications
- 5.2-inch Super LCD3 display, 2560 x 1440 pixels, 534 ppi, Gorilla Glass 4
- MediaTek MT6795T processor, 64-bit 2.2GHz octa-core CPU, PowerVR G6200 GPU, and 3GB RAM
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system with Sense 7 UI
- 32GB internal storage and a microSD card slot (up to 128GB)
- 20-megapixel rear camera with depth sensor, dual-tone dual-LED flash, 4K video recording
- 4-megapixel front-facing camera, 1/3-inch UltraPixel sensor, and 1080p video recording
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 with Apt-X, NFC, Infrared port, GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS, Micro-USB port with MHL and OTG, and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 2,840 mAh battery, Touch-Based Fingerprint Sensor
- Colours: Gunmetal Grey, Amber Gold, and Silver Gold
It also comes with a fingerprint sensor which is present in the home button of the device. There's a 20-megapixel duo camera at the back and an UltraPixel camera up front. It also gets BoomSound speakers with Dolby surround sound technology.
It will compete with the likes of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, LG G4, LG G Flex 2, Sony Xperia Z4, Apple iPhone 6 Plus, and the Motorola Moto Turbo. The smartphone will go on sale in India on May 3, and will come with a one-year accidental damage warranty.