Broadcom Corporation today announced that its DOCSIS 3.0 based chipset is powering Hathway Cable broadband service. This move will help Hathway to economically and reliably expand services to support high value interactive applications, such as on-demand programming, for both residential and commercial customers.
Hathway is the first multi-system operator to launch a DOCSIS 3.0 network in India capable of transmitting high speed data at speeds greater than 300 megabits per second (Mbps). Hathway currently offers cable television services across 140 cities and towns and high-speed cable broadband services across 20 cities.
Key Features of Broadcom DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Gateway SoC
• Full-Band Capture digital tuning technology: Integrated on-chip technology directly samples and digitizes the entire 1GHz downstream spectrum of a cable plant, providing access to any channel anywhere
• Dual-band concurrent Wi-Fi: Extends the wireless network to enable a more reliable network for video distribution throughout the home
• Simultaneous 2.4 and 5.0 GHz IEEE 802.11 band streams enable gateways to segregate data and video distribution (video having its own band), reducing interference and enabling a high-quality user experience
• Integrated applications processor expands the capability of the modem and supports advanced applications without impacting the voice and gateway performance
• Multi-threaded 1 Gigahertz (GHz) application processor offering a 100% CPU speed improvemen