Gionee has a thing for launching slim devices. Earlier this year, they launched the Elife S5.5 which took the title of being the world's slimmest smartphone. Now it has been succeeded by the Elife S5.1 which has entered the Guiness Book of World Records for being the slimmest smartphone (its thickness is merely 5.1mm).
The Elife S5.1 is already available in China and it will make its way to Indian shores in the third week of November. It is a mid-range smartphone, and will cost around Rs. 15,000 when it gets launched here.
Gionee Elife S5.1 Specifications
- 4.8-inch AMOLED display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, Adreno 305 GPU, and 1GB RAM
- 16GB of non-expandable internal storage
- 8-megapixel rear camera with an LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GLONASS A-GPS for connectivity
- 2,100 mAh battery
Gionee has compromised a bit on the specs to bring in a thin waistline. In fact, this looks like a downgrade when compared to the Elife S5.5 which had a 1080p Super AMOLED display, 2GB of RAM, and a 13-megapixel primary camera. The smartphone would come across as a good rival to the likes of Lumia 730 and second generation Moto G. Let us see how it fares in the Indian market.