The successor to the Gionee Elife S5.5 has been leaked. The Gionee Elife S5.1 will be holding the title of the slimmest smartphone in the world when it launches thanks to its 5.1 mm thin waistline. Specifications wise, the Elife S5.1 seems to be a downgrade as the 5-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display has been replaced by a 4.8-inch HD AMOLED display and an octa-core MediaTek processor has been replaced by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor.
Gionee Elife S5.1 Specifications
- 4.8-inch AMOLED display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 320 ppi
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean with Amigo 2.0
- 1.2GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, Adreno 305 GPU, 1GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- 8MP primary camera with F/2.4 aperture and 28mm lens, LED flash
- 5MP 88-degree secondary camera
- micro SIM card slot, Wi-Fi b/g/n, TD-SCDMA, TDD-LTE, GPS, A-GPS, microUSB v2.0 port
- 2100mAh battery, 139.8 x 67.4 x 5.15 mm, 140 g
We don’t understand why brands are coming up with devices that have downgraded specifications when compared to their predecessors. Similar is the case with the Nokia Lumia 530, the Nokia Lumia 630 and the Samsung Galaxy S Duos 3. What do you think about this trend?