We’ve heard of and loved dual SIM smartphones but dual SIM tablets are a new thing. Although there have been dual SIM tablets from Indian brands like Lava, Karbonn, Intex and iBall, looks like Asus will be one of the first international brand to embrace dual SIM card slots in its tablets after Lenovo. Asus will be launching dual SIM version of its FonePad 7 tablet in India tomorrow. The single SIM version of the FonePad 7 is already available in India in 8GB as well as 16GB storage variants.
The Asus FonePad 7 is one of the nicest voice calling tablets available in India as of now. It is better than the Galaxy Tab 2 and the Galaxy Tab 3 in most regards except the screen brightness.
Asus FonePad 7 Dual SIM Specifications
- 7 inch IPS LCD Capacitive Multitouch Screen, 1280 x 720 Pixels, 216 PPI
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Atom Z2560 SoC, PowerVR SGX544MP2 GPU, 1GB of RAM, 8/16/32 GB internal storage, microSD card slot
- Android v4.3 Jelly Bean
- 5MP AF primary camera, 1080p video recording @ 30 FPS
- 1.2MP secondary camera, 720p video recording @ 30 FPS
- Accelerometer, Proximity Sensor, Ambient Light Sensor
- Dual Micro SIM card slots, 42Mbps HSPA+, dual-band Wi-Fi a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v3.0, GLONASS A-GPS & MicroUSB v2.0 Port
- Wi-Fi Direct, DLNA, Miracast, Stereo Speakers
- 3950 mAh Li-Po non-removable battery, 10.5 mm, 328 grams
As per the price of its single SIM version and its specifications, we think that it will be priced below Rs 20,000. Would you be interested in buying an Android tablet with dual SIM card slots? Let us know in the comments below.