ACT Fibernet, the most popular ISP in southern part of India that offers broadband over optical fibre, has revised its tariffs for its customers in Chennai. As per the revised packages, 100Mbps plan now costs Rs. 1,999. Previously the 100Mbps plan was available only for SOHO (Small Office/Home Office) customers.
The ISP has also increased speeds in almost all packages upto 45 Mbps. Along with the upgraded speed, they have increased the FUP data limits.
Changes in retail plans:
- The ACT Blaze plan for Rs. 999 now offers 40Mbps instead of old speed of 20Mbps. FUP limit has been increased to 50GB.
- The ACT Storm plan for Rs. 1,099 now offers double the speed at 40Mbps with an FUP limit of 75GB.
- There is a new 75Mbps ACT Thunder plan for Rs. 1,499 with an FUP limit of 125GB.
- The ACT Lightning plan, which costs Rs. 1,299, has now been revised with a new speed of 60Mbps and an FUP limit of upto 100GB.
- Customers using ACT Incredible plan of Rs. 1,999 will now get almost double the old speed. It now offers 100Mbps speed and an FUP limit of 200GB.
|Revised ACT Fibernet plans for Chennai|
|Plan Name||Tariff (Rs.)||Old Speed||New Speed||Old FUP||New FUP||Speed Post-FUP|
|ACT Blaze||999||20 Mbps||40 Mbps||40 GB||50 GB||512 Kbps|
|ACT Storm||1099||20 Mbps||40 Mbps||60 GB||75 GB|
|ACT Lightning||1299||40 Mbps||60 Mbps||75 GB||100` GB|
|ACT Thunder||1499||----------||75 Mbps||----------||125` GB|
|ACT Incredible||1999||60 Mbps||100 Mbps||125 GB||200 GB||1 Mbps|
|SOHO (Small office / Home Office) Plans|
|ACT SME Swift||2999||60 Mbps||100 Mbps||250 GB||300 GB||2 Mbps|
|ACT SME Flash||3999||80 Mbps||125 Mbps||350 GB||400 GB|
|ACT SME Force||4999||100 Mbps||125 Mbps||500 GB||550 GB|
There is no change in speed post the FUP limit in retail plans, as all SOHO plan customers now get 2Mbps speed post the FUP period. These plans are available only for Chennai, and all the existing customers using the old plans will be upgraded to new plans starting today without any additional cost. It remains unclear when they would revise broadband plans in other cities.