Flash sales of smartphones is a model which was introduced by Xiaomi but was adopted by many. It helps create a lot of hype around the devices to go on sale and helps OEMs keep to keep a sync between demand and production. Lenovo recently launched the A6000 Plus in India for Rs 7,499 and the smartphone will go on sale on April 28th at 2:00 PM in India for the first time.
The flash sale will take place on Flipkart and the registrations for the same have already commenced and close on April 27th at 11:59 PM. The most interesting bit about the sale is the number of units that will go on sale. 1,00,000 units of the smartphone will go on sale which would make it the biggest flash sale ever in India for a device.
Lenovo looks pretty optimistic about the sales of the device and has stated that the 3,00,000 units of the A6000 sold out faster than it expected. It further expected the A6000 Plus to do even better. Let us take a quick look at the specifications of the device:
- 5-inch IPS display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Android 4.4 KitKat with VIBE 2.0 UI on top of it
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, 400 MHz Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB of internal memory which is expandable by 32GB with the help of a microSD card
- 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 2-megapixel front camera
- 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and dual SIM for connectivity
- 2,300 mAh battery
The fact that Lenovo will have 1,00,000 units on sale will help it cater to a larger audience which would have had to wait for the next flash sale had Lenovo gone in for a lesser number of units.