In a bid to encash the Mobile Number Portability (MNP), India’s National Telecom back bone and pan India 3G mobile service operator Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd (BSNL) today announced the launch of a groundbreaking offer,which will give Free Connection, Free GPRS and lots more for all Port-in customers who Switch to BSNL from any other service providers in Haryana circle.
The much awaited Mobile Number Portability (MNP) service will be launched tomorrow (25 Nov) in Rohtak, Haryana. The Union Minister of Communications & IT Mr. Kapil Sibal with Mr. Bhupinder Singh Hooda, Chief Minister of Haryana as the Chief Guest will inaugurate the service at a function in Rohtak at 3 p.m.
BSNL is the first telecom operator which has announced its offers for MNP. According to the BSNL offer the MNP Port-in charges shall be waived off for all subscribers who Switch to BSNL.
Apart from the Free In-Porting, The STV/Firts Recharge Coupon (FRC) chosen by the customer to use the BSNL Mobile Services shall be FREE of cost if Port-in is through BSNL CSC in Haryana. At the time of activation of all Port-in customers, will also get Additional FREE Talk Time of Rs. 100 in addition to the normal FREE talk value applicable with FRC. All Port-in customers will be offered Unlimited GPRS for one month free of charge.
Procedure for MNP Port-in request at BSNL CSCs:
1. Port-in customer will take UPC by sending SMS PORT followed by 10 Digit Mobile Number to 1900.
2. Port-in customer will submit CAF (application form) and MNP form with UPC at CSC.
3. Customer should be asked for an alternative number and desired FRC (2G/3G etc.) and record on BSNL/Porting CAF for future use.
4. Customer will be given a virgin SIM. On this virgin SIM, his number will be created afterwards. It is to be informed to the customer that after 72-96 hours or on getting SMS he/she may insert the SIM in the mobile and dial ‘123’ to activate BSNL services.
5. CCN person will complete the required entries in Fx GUI, mention type of FRC in the prescribed field and fire order for creation of new port-in number using MSISDN, IMSI, UPC etc.
6. SIM will be created after minimum 72 hours (assuming it is approved by the port-out operator) and maximum 96 hours.
8.Before activation of the BSNL services, there will be an interruption/ transit time of around 2 hours i.e. subscriber will not be getting services of any operator.
Inputs- Sushil Girdher