Asus is surely confusing the buyers with the large number of variants its Zenfone 2 series. The naming hasn’t been easy to understand either. But we can’t deny the fact that the value-for-money these variants bring with them is surely on the better side of things. To make complex things even more complex, Asus has now launched a new variant of the Zenfone 2 for Rs 18,999 with the model number ZE551ML-6J226WW.
What differentiates it from the variant that costs Rs 19,999 is the chipset. The new variant has an Intel Z3560 SoC doing duty under the hood with a quad-core CPU clocked at 1.8GHz. The one that is dearer by Rs 1,000 has an Intel Z3580 SoC ticking inside with a quad-core CPU clocked at 2.3GHz. Let us quickly take a look at what it offers:
Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML-6J226WW specifications:
- 5.5-inch display, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3, Glove Touch support
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system with new Zen UI
- Intel Atom 3560 SoC, 1.8GHz quad-core CPU
- 4GB RAM
- 32GB of internal storage which is expandable with a microSD card (up to 64GB)
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE, 3G HSUPA, FM Radio, GPS with 5 satellite connectivity
- Wi-Fi ac/a/b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro-USB port with USB Host, and 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 3,000 mAh battery; 152.5 x 77.2 x 10.9 mm; 170 grams
It is available for buying right away on Flipkart and comes in silver colour only. The new variant makes the total number of variants with 4GB of RAM go up to 4. Asus is covering all its bases quite well and is filling the gaps across various variants by launching new ones. We just wish that the company follows a simpler nomenclature for its devices so that it becomes easier for the customers.