YU YUREKA has been one of the most popular devices off late in the country. But the only issue that has been around has been is laying your hands on one. It has been selling through flash sales in lot of 20,000-25,000 devices and as a result many prospective users have been put off by this. YU is busy readying itself up to launch its next device, YUPHORIA on May 12th and on the sidelines of the same, has just announced an open sale for the YUREKA.
The YU YUREKA will be available for purchase without registration on Amazon.in on May 6 and 7. The 48 hours sale will see the Cyanogen OS based smartphone being up for grabs and the ones who have been waiting for it can now purchase it without the issue of the device going out of stock in seconds. Cyanogen has just released the Lollipop based CM 12 OS for it and the smartphone is up and running on the latest version of Android. Let us quickly do a recap of its specifications:
- 5.5-inch display, 1280 x 720 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based CM 12 OS
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC, quad-core 1.7 GHz Cortex A53 CPU and a quad-core 1.0 GHz Cortex A53 CPU
Adreno 405 GPU, and 2GB RAM
- 13-megapixel primary camera (Sony Exmor R) with a LED flash, F/2.2 aperture, 1080p @ 30 FPS, and 720p @ 60 FPS
- 5-megapixel secondary camera, OmniVision 5648 sensor with 71-degree wide viewing angle lens
- 16GB of internal storage, microSD card slot (up to 64GB)
- Dual-SIM, 4G LTE (Cat. 4 150Mbps),3G HSPA, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, and GPS with A-GPS
- 2,500 mAh battery
It is hard to find a device with a Snapdragon 615 SoC in the budget smartphone range. The device has been around for a while now and the dying down hype around might be the reason for it to opt in for the open sales. If you’d been trying again and again to buy the device and had been unsuccessful at it, well, this may just be the time to buy it.