Yu Yuphoria has started getting a major update in the country. The update for CM12 comes with the build number YNG1TBS2P2 and packs in quite a few features and upgrades.
The update is 38MB in size and is being rolled out to the users in a phased manner. The complete rollout will take about 2-3 weeks. The new Cyanogen OS 12.0 update is based on Android 5.0.2 Lollipop and addresses some of the issues being reported by the Yuphoria users. The initial users of the smartphone reported that the device used to heat up quite fast. This issue gets taken care of in the new update.
The update further helps improve the low light imaging and macro shots being taken from the device. Truecaller, which has been integrated into the dialer has been improved too. The update has made the touchscreen more responsive. It has also brought with it a revised audio chipset code which will deliver an improved base and a better auditory experience.
Users can also expect the Android 5.1 Lollipop based Cyanogen OS 12.1 to rollout in near future for the Yuphoria as well as the Yureka. The update is in its final stages of testing and would be made available soon. Let us quickly recap the specifications of the Yuphoria.
Yu Yuphoria specifications
- 5-inch IPS display, 1280 x 720 pixels, ~294 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0 Lollipop based CM 12 OS
- 64-bit Snapdragon 410 SoC, 1.2GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera, 5-megapixel fixed focus front camera
- 16GB of internal storage, expandable with a microSD card (up to 32GB)
- 4G LTE (Cat.4), 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and dual SIM
- Weight: 143 grams, Thickness: 8.25 mm
- 2,230 mAh battery