YU has finally launched the YUPHORIA smartphone in India for a price of Rs 6,999, after teasing it for quite some time. The smartphone will go on sale on May 28th and it will follow YUREKA's sales model i.e. flash sale on Amazon. The device will be available on Amazon.in and the registration for it will commence today at 5pm.
The YUPHORIA is meant to cater to the budget smartphone buyers and it packs in good specs in the given price of Rs. 6,999. The device features a 5-inch HD IPS display and runs Android 5.0 Lollipop based CyanogenMod 12 OS. As expected, it has a 64-bit Snapdragon 410 ticking inside it coupled with 2GB of RAM. There is an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel front camera. It seems quite a sturdy device courtesy its metal build quality.
YU YUPHORIA specifications
- 5-inch IPS display, 1280 x 720 pixels, ~294 ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Android 5.0 Lollipop based CM 12 OS
- 64-bit Snapdragon 410 SoC, 1.2GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB DDR3 RAM
- 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera, 5-megapixel fixed focus front camera
- 16GB of internal storage, expandable with a microSD card (up to 32GB)
- 4G LTE (Cat.4), 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and dual SIM
- Weight: 143 grams, Thickness: 8.25 mm
- 2,230 mAh battery
It will be available in Buffed Steel and Champagne Gold with White colors. Given its first look, we assume it to be a value for money device, but a lot more is still to be revealed in the follow-up reviews. YUPHORIA comes across as a major threat to Lenovo A6000 Plus , It would be interesting to see how it performs in the Indian market.