Micromax-backed YU is back with two new smartphones for the Indian smartphone market. The two devices are dubbed as the Yureka S and Yunique Plus. Both the devices are a successor to Yureka and Yunique, respectively. The company has launched the Yureka S and it will be up for sale through online and offline retailers. For the Yunique Plus, Yu has not revealed a set launch timeline, but the reports say that it will be done pretty soon.
The Yureka S comes with a 5.2-inch 1080p full HD display, and is powered by a 1.7GHz Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset clubbed with Adreno 405 GPU and 3GB of RAM. It sports a 13-megapixel primary camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, OmniVision OV13850 sensor, 1080p video recording along with a 5-megapixel front camera with f/2.2 aperture, OmniVision OV5693 sensor, 84-degree wide-angle lens. Sadly, the device runs Android 5.1 Lollipop, which is a point to ponder for YU as most of the manufacturers are launching smartphones running Marshmallow out-of-the-box.
On the other hand, the Yunique Plus comes with a 4.7-inch HD IPS Fully Laminated display. It is powered by a 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor clubbed with Adreno 306 GPU and 2GB of RAM. The difference between the Yu Yunique and Yunique Plus is the RAM; the latter has 2GB of RAM.
YU is planning to launch the Yunique Plus for Rs. 6499 and the Yureka S for Rs. 12,999. For Yunique Plus, Yu has already got a competition - the Xiaomi Redmi 3S. Stay tuned with us to read more about these two devices.
Yu Yureka S specifications
- 5.2-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.7GHz Octa-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset clubbed with Adreno 405 GPU and 3GB of RAM
- 16GB of expandable internal storage via microSD card
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash and 5MP front-facing camera
- Hybrid dual-SIM, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, and GPS
- 3000mAh battery
Yu Yunique Plus specifications
- 4.7-inch IPS HD Fully Laminated display with a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1.2 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) clubbed with Adreno 306 GPU and 2GB of RAM
- 8GB internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via microSD card
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash and 2MP front-facing camera
- dual-SIM, 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, and GPS
- 2000mAh battery