Targeting the increased demand for portable power banks, thanks to high smartphone and tablet usage, Micromax-owned YU has launched a couple of power banks.
The YU JYUICE portable power banks come in two variants; 5,000 mAh and 10,000 mAh, and both of them come with aluminium alloy unibody casings. The 7.9 mm thin 5,000 mAh variant of the YU JYUICE is priced at Rs. 699, while the 12.5 mm thick 10,000 mAh battery capacity variant is priced at Rs. 1,099, and both of them will be sold exclusively through Snapdeal.
YU JYUICE Power Bank Specifications
- 5,000/10,000 mAh Li-Polymer battery capacity; 92 percent charging conversion rate
- Aluminium Alloy Unibody Casing; Grey colour; 8-layer protection
- Power Input: 5V 1A (5,000 mAh variant); 5V 2A (10,000 mAh variant)
- Power Output: 5V 2.1A (5,000 mAh variant); 5V 2.1A & 5V 1A (10,000 mAh variant)
- Multi-colour LED light for charge level indication
These power banks have multi-coloured LED lights that indicate charge levels. When you tap on them, they turn green when more than 70 percent charge is left, yellow when the charge level is above 30 percent, and turn red when the charge is below 30 percent. YU claims that these power banks have a charging conversion rate of 92 percent, so you could theoretically claim most of its battery capacity. Both these variants can output 10.5W of power to charge your smartphone or tablet faster, though they are not as fast as some Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0 compliant wall chargers.
Computer science engineer turned technology blogger. Following consumer electronics industry closely from 2006, he can now predict pretty much where the market is heading. He has a dream to own Android, Windows Phone and iOS smartphones all at the same time.