Xolo Mobiles has just launched a new budget smartphone in India, named the Xolo Prime for Rs 5,699. The smartphone brings Android 5.0 Lollipop on a budget. Xolo is launching it as a device with a premium build quality because it comes with glass back finish.
The smartphone comes with a 4.5-inch FWVGA display and houses a 1.3GHz quad-core processor coupled with 1GB of RAM. There’s a 5-megapixel camera at the rear with a LED flash with features like face beauty, panorama, HDR and face recognition. There’s a 2-megapixel camera taking charge of things on the front.
It will be available in black, blue, gold and red colour options. Let us take a quick look at what the smartphone has on offer:
Xolo Prime specifications
- 4.5-inch IPS display, 854 x 480 pixels, ~218 ppi
- Android 5.0 Lollipop
- 1.3GHz quad-core processor (from MediaTek), 1GB RAM
- 8GB of expandable internal storage (up to 32GB)
- 5-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, 2-megapixel front camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and dual SIM connectivity
- 1,800 mAh battery
The budget smartphone will be available right away through offline and online retail chains in the country. The Xolo Prime marks the beginning of Android Lollipop running devices from Xolo so we can expect devices from the OEM to run the latest iteration of Android in future.