Xiaomi seems to have hit the sweet spot in terms of production costs for some of its models. The Chinese OEM recently dropped the price of the Mi 4 16GB and now the Redmi Note 4G has joined in. The Redmi Note 4G will now be available at a revised price of Rs 7,999 instead of the earlier Rs 9,999.
The Redmi Note 4G was launched back in December 2014 for Rs 9,999 and was pretty much the smartphone that gave rise to the budget 4G revolution in India. The smartphone is still one of the better sub Rs 10,000 devices but rising competition meant that it started to lose out on steam. But the price drop has put it against sub Rs 8,000 devices and it comes across as a decently well specced device at its new price point.
The refurbished Redmi Note 4G sells for Rs 7,999 and now you can get yourself a new one at the same price. The price drop will reflect across Amazon, Snapdeal, Flipkart, The Mobile Store and Airtel outlets and Mi.com. Let us quickly revisit its specifications:
Redmi Note 4G specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels
- Android 4.4 KitKat based MIUI
- 1.6GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 with Adreno 305 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 8GB storage, microSD card slot for expansion up to 32GB
- 13-megapixel primary camera with LED flash and a 5-megapixel secondary camera
- 4G LTE( TDD-2300 MHz & FDD-1800 MHz), Wi-Fi b/g/n, Wi-Fi Hotspot, Bluetooth v4.0 LE, micro USB v2.0 port, and USB OTG
- 3,100 mAh removable Li-Po battery