Xiaomi has just made an announcement that it will be decreasing the price of the 16GB variant of the Mi 4 for the current Rs 17,999 to Rs 14,999. This is the second price drop for the device. The smartphone had its price dropped to Rs 17,999 from Rs 19,999 few weeks ago.
The price cut has made the device enter the sub Rs 15,000 category and at this price, there is pretty much no other device which boasts of a Snapdragon 801 chipset. What Xiaomi might be missing out with this is that the Mi 4 now enters the territory of Mi 4i which costs Rs 12,999 and is a toned down version of the Mi 4.
Xiaomi is saying that it has achieved lower costs and wants to pass on the benefit to the consumers. Xiaomi had earlier decreased the price of the 16GB model to Rs 17,999 from Rs 19,999 back in April. It misses out on 4G LTE of the Mi 4i but barring that, there's nothing you miss out on. As a matter of fact, you get a device that gives you more than a bang for your bucks.
Let us quickly revisit the specifications of the Mi 4:
Xiaomi Mi 4 specifications
- 5.0-inch IPS LCD, 1920 x 1080 pixels, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Android 4.4 KitKat based MIUI 6.0
- Qualcomm MSM8974AC Snapdragon 801 SoC, 2.5 GHz quad-core CPU, Adreno 330 GPU
- 3GB RAM
- 16GB/64GB of non-expandable internal storage
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and a 8-megapixel front camera
- 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Buetooth 4.0 with A2DP, GPS with GLONASS, microUSB 2.0 and FM Radio
The price cut has come into effect and is available right away on Flipkart on purchase.