Xiaomi will complete five years of its operations on April 8. The company has just launched a bunch of new products as a part of its fifth anniversary celebrations.
- Pink coloured Xiaomi Mi Note with 16 GB ROM with 5,000 mAh Mi Power Bank in a gift pack for RMB 2,499 (approximately $400/Rs. 24,000)
- Redmi 2A – An entry-level variant of the Xiaomi Redmi 2 with a Leadcore processor for RMB 599 (approximately $96/Rs. 5,760)
- Mi Smart Weight Scale for RMB 99 (approximately $16/Rs. 960)
- Mi Smart Power Strip for RMB 49 (approximately $8/Rs. 480)
- Mi TV 2 – 55-inch Smart 4K TV for RMB 4999 (approximately $806/Rs. 48,480)
Out of these, only the Redmi 2A will be the one which will be making its way outside China in the near future. It might come to India as a sub-Rs. 6,000 device, which remains quite similar to the Redmi 2 which was launched in India recently; save for the 1.5GHz quad-core Leadcore L1860C processor, which makes its way on to this instead of the 64-bit Snapdragon 410.
Xiaomi Redmi 2A Specifications
- 4.7-inch IPS LCD display, 1280 x 720 pixels, 312
- Android 4.4 KitKat based MIUI 6
- 1.5 GHz quad-core LCI L1860C processor, Mali T628 dual-core GPU, and 1GB RAM
- 8GB internal memory which can be expanded by 32GB using a microSD card
- 8-megapixel rear camera with autofocus, LED flash, 1080p video recording, and a 2-megapixel front camera
- Dual SIM, 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, Micro-USB v2.0 port and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 2,200 mAh battery
- Colours: Dark Grey, White, Light Green, Bright Yellow and Pink
It will be available in China for RMB 499 (approximately $81/Rs 4,880) starting the 8th of April 2015. The company hasn’t disclosed the plans about its global availability as of now. All the new devices offer quite a lot of value-for-money. Seeing the fact that Xiaomi is eyeing India as one of the key markets for growth, some of these might just make their way to Indian shores, but we wouldn’t get our hopes too high regarding that.